“Our goal was to inject creativity into what is an otherwise very functional shelf set. Spices and seasonings are fun and bring out a creative element in cooking, and the packaging is supposed to evoke the joyful feeling of cooking together with family and friends. We hope to excite the consumer with the new packaging, and encourage them to pick it up off the shelf.” – Mark Christou, Founder & Creative Partner, ROOK/NYC
Alicia’s Spice Co will release a full roll out of new packaging in January 2022.
The bond between family and food is the root of Alicia’s Spice Co. A lifelong passion for great food has driven founder, Alicia Haddad, and her venture into creating an all-natural, gluten free, certified vegan, woman-owned spice company that celebrates healthy ingredients and simple, creative cooking. “Feed your body healthy” is the guiding principle behind the development of all the brand’s products.
ROOK/NYC partnered with Alicia to breathe new life into her brand identity and packaging design. Bold colors and bright illustrations pay homage to the quality ingredients at the heart of her seasoning blend and spice recipes, while a modern touch of elevation is applied to the logo to maintain familiarity. The result is a refreshing take on the art of cooking.
- Agency – ROOK/NYC
- Agency Location – New York, New York
- Agency Website – rooknyc.com
- Agency Project Team –
- Creative Partner, Mark Christou
- Managing Partner, Rebecca Thomas Christou
- Designer, Mark Christou
- External Credits –
- Photography Credit: Tony Pierre
- Client – Alicia’s Spice Co. (formerly Alicia’s Homemade)
- Product Market Country – US
- Product Market Region – North America
- Category – Food / CPG
- Application – Brand Identity / Packaging Design