Creating an online portfolio with cutting-edge design features and professional tools will make your work stand out.
Even more, you can showcase it on your website and across social media channels to attract even more trust.
Create social media accounts across all platforms and be consistent.
In time, people will start seeing your name (or your brands’ name), and your visibility will grow.
To give you a general idea and create an overall impression about why you should focus on social media, here are a few things you should know:
- 45% of the population is active daily on social media (that’s 3.5 billion people)
- In the US alone, Facebook is the Market Leader (68% of adults are Facebook users)
- Daily usage by generation: Millennials – 90.4%, Gen X – 77.5%, Baby Boomers – 48.2%
- An average of 3 hours per day is spent on social networks and messaging.
- 73% of marketers believe that social media marketing has been “somewhat effective” or “very effective” for their business
- 54% of social browsers use social media to research products
- 71% of consumers who have had a positive experience with a brand on social media are likely to recommend the brand to their known ones
- Daily active Instagram Stories users increased from 150 million in January 2017 to 500 million in January 2019
How to Attract Clients and Start Earning as a Freelance Designer
When you make content for others, you expose more people to your work (this includes potential clients).
Given that we live in a technological age, there are many things you can do to increase your visibility and put your work out there.
Pro Tip: if you think that posting three times per week is enough, you need to know that it’s not. Post as often as you can, a few times every day, to grow your accounts and increase your visibility.
Ensure that your portfolio website is updated with your most recent successful projects and always create fresh content to keep your website exciting and engaging.
2 – Create content for others
The best way to attract clients is by letting your work speak for you; dazzle visitors from the very first moment they land on your website through a vivid, responsive, animated website that beautifully presents your work in the way you want them to see it.
Whether you’re ready to be a full-time freelance designer or just getting started by doing it part-time, these five tips will help you boost your efforts to attract clients.
3 – Create a portfolio website
Interacting with people and building relationships will always be one of the best ways to showcase your work and make people trust you and your brand.
And these are just a few, to paint you a picture.
A website will not only allow you to display important information such as your products, services, policies and portfolio; if done well, your website will sell your talent for you and attract clients in just a few clicks and scrolls.
Add testimonials from satisfied clients, if possible, to establish yourself as a reliable professional who gets excellent results.
No one can attract clients and sell your work better than you can. Work your way up and build your image to start seeing the expert you are.
With this being said, being on social media is a must if you want your work to get out there.
Show people how much you love what you do, how dedicated you are, and invest time in building relationships relevant to your interests.
Offer to help people with the things you’re good at and ask them to give you credit for it.
- Display images, videos and text
- Make media pop with animations, hover effects and more.
- Keep your work safe through built-in image protection.
- Upload or stream videos from YouTube, Facebook and more
- Display standalone or multiple videos using video channels
- Allow visitors to subscribe to gain access to your content.
- Connect your social media accounts in one click
- Get secure and reliable web hosting.
- Add customisable contact forms
- Use built-in analytics and learn about your visitors
- Get a customisable, outstanding mobile experience
No one will tell you what to do, and clients won’t simply come to you. At first, there’s a high chance no one will know who you are.
Attend as many online conferences, webinars and sessions as you can and talk about your work.
Post your work, services and useful information daily and make the most of it – after all, it’s free, and it only requires a bit of your time.
For instance, you can write an eBook and get it published on Amazon; show your expertise on the topic and let people know just how good you are at what you do.
4 – Network in person
The tool allows you to choose from dozens of customisable layouts so that you can professionally showcase your work.
Join Facebook groups and connect with people on LinkedIn.
Let your work conquer new possibilities, attract clients, impress people and speak for you with a portfolio website.
With this being said, we created a list of the top 5 things you can do to increase your visibility, attract clients and start earning as a freelance designer.
5 – Position yourself as an expert
Using the intuitive drag and drop technology that Wix has developed over the years and the pre-made templates and professional website design features, you will have the freedom to create an online portfolio that speaks for yourself, attracts and converts.
Here are a few things you can do to express your style and attract clients through your portfolio website:
Getting started as a freelance designer is hard.
However, this is not a reason to feel unmotivated, but rather an opportunity for you to work harder and smarter.
When potential clients decide whether or not to hire you, your portfolio website will make all the difference.
There’s a very intuitive solution to meet the needs of anyone who doesn’t have coding or web design skills: Wix’s free portfolio website builder; allows freelance designers like you to show off their work with a suite of advanced tools and features that are high performing and also very intuitive to set up.